Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Overwhelmed or letting down my guard?

I know its been a while and I could go about making excuses that I'm so busy so tierd...but honestly I've noticed if my blogs become less then once a week, I'm usually slaking in my spiritual walk as well. Like I'm in this pit and can't get out...haven't been reading my bible doing my prayers or even thanking him for all the blessings he's been pouring out. Then tonight as I sat here on Facebook complaining to a friend I'm feeling so "overwhelmed" packing, moving, summer program set up, lesson planning for next year...and in that moment as I waited for what would be a encouraging word it hit me...well duh...I've been givin all these blessings and answered prayers and instead of sitting down and thanking God for them and asking forhis continued guildence I've fallen into the pattern of, well things are looking up I don't need God...

It's in the quit of the night in the sound of the rain falling on the cold metal box outside my window that I realize.. Of course I'm over whelmed I'm trying to do every thing myself...when I really need to give it it God.

Yes, it starts with picking up my bible...it starts with a simple thank you and and filling up of Gods grace and peace... It's a thought pattern a voice in my head that says..come to me...that becomes a scream as time passes and ignore it...and eventually when we've gone so far to long..though never out of reach..it becomes a battle cry..."Be still and know that I am God and I'm be by your side...

And that is an encouraging thought.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment