Tuesday, May 14, 2013

It is well with my soul

Ever feel like you have the weight of the world on your shoulders? Ever think your heart can't break more in this broken sin filled world and the you listen to others and you know...they are hurting too....

The choices we make in things to share and things to keep to ourselves..and the utter lonlieness that coincides with keeping the hurt of others and the hurt in your own life to yourself.

It's so easy to become wrapped up in your problems, how scary or bad things are for you and walk right past someone else that is hurting too...

Finding out you may not be able to have children
Being helpless as the child in your tummy struggles for continued life...
Being so broke that you are starving yourself so your kids can eat
An unwanted pregnancy
A failed marriage

So many things can turn the mind from this to that and the world is lost in a heart beat...

Does our father call us to have a spirit of fear? Or are we to take heart because he has overcome the world? Does he walk with you through the valleys...something's in this life are going to get you down..and satan is going to try to keep you there; never mind the good you have in your life..never mind the blessing after blessing God has poured out on you..even in your poverty barrenness, sickness...

So, ill pick up my cross daily..and this little light of mine, weak with weariness and sadness...I'm
ganna let it shine and in the face of change cling to the promise of a lifetime...

As I've been driving home the great commission to my three year olds these last few weeks, as they are sent of to have reinforced these truths and stories..as we sing this little light of mine...I know I want to let it shine, I want to say it is well with my soul..

Because if you repeat something often enough the words can become truth...the power of words..to cut or to heal...to sing to weep, to break down and to build up...all with nothing more then words...as you stand toe too toe with the brokenness of the world.


When peace like a river attended my way
When sorrows like sea billows roll, yeah
Whatever my Lord, Thou hast taught me to say
It is well, it is well with my soul, yeah

My sin, oh the joy of this glorious thought
My sin not in part but the whole, yeah
Is nailed to the cross and I bear it no more
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, oh my soul

Lyrics from eLyrics.net






No comments:

Post a Comment