Sunday, March 24, 2013

Praise the one who breaks the Darkness...

We have entered my favorite week of the year...the walk with God to the cross and Easter Sunday. This week of reflection on our lives the past and the life of our savior. The music, the hope...the promise of a life time. Of new things...spring.

Spring in the city has always been the hardest for me. I think I can take most any other time of the year okay but spring...breaks my heart in the city.  but Easter the hope the peace the passion...

So many chances worship and reflect and a good time to slow down and realize how very very blessed you are. As much as I long for the country side now and, I'm sure I will be over the next couple months..I know that there I would not have my church...the blessings of song and the talent and the fellowship...when I sit down and look at it. This prospect of moving out of the city back to my roots...sure I'm excited...and at the same time sad because I have to give up my church...

However, if I look at that statement...I'm sad because I have to give up my church where Im Comfortable just think of what I could try to bring to my old church...and I know that I only long to stay for selfish reasons...I know at some point you have to leave the comfort zone to grow Gods kingdom...just like leaving WLC.  You can take take take but eventually you have to give back....and who has made any sort difference in the world by being comfortable....

Yes I'm Hopeful in the future; if it works out for us to move..yes I'm scared, yes I'm uncertain...and if it turns out God wishes for us to stay longer...then we will stay.  I know it's not going to be perfect and I have no illusions about what I will miss from the city life...

But I just feel called to do more, to walk a little closer to God and a little farther from myself. No I have no wish to be uncomfortable, but if that's what it takes to do his will....then he will give me enough for each day...and never more then I can bare....

For this life is riddled with grief, hardship, and darkness....we are called to be a light in the darkness...it's never going to be easy to be alive...life is never going to be perfect...but even in the trials...God always leaves a sliver of hope.

So as you start you Holy Week may your eyes be focused a little less on you, your suffering and your problems, may the cross show you the sins that nailed our savior to a tree...and in his passion, in his pain may you find the promise he leaves...and as you examine your life, your choices may you seize the chances given to you each day to reach out help, listen to, encourage and build up those walking beside you baring their own crosses, and lastly may you never forget that Jesus knows the pain you feel, the sins you carry.....he bore them to hell and back...so as we ponder the cross this week...remember your redemption...and

Praise the one who breaks the darkness, the refuge of the weary, as he rides on to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment