Sunday, March 17, 2013

Linger in his peace....

I know I've focused on prayer before, but I can't get over how powerful it is, and I'm amazed again and again....

James 5: 16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

sin's weakness's, fears, anything you can pray about it. Oh man all I could think about in church tonight as we sang the hymn Jesus Priceless Treasure was how much fear has controlled my life. How it seeps in through my skin and creeps into the back of my mind, interlocking it's self in the pulsing of my heart.. 

and as I sang 

Though the earth be shaking,
Every heart be quaking,
Jesus calms my fear.
Lightnings flash And thunders crash;
Yet, though sin and hell assail me,
Jesus will not fail me.

As I had just confessed my fear and worries of the future....as I prayed for strength and peace and courage to step out in faith knowing full well it will not be comfortable....

As my eyes began to water we got to the next verse....and in the passion in the words...I.found.solace.

Satan, I defy thee;
Death, I now decry thee;
Fear, I bid thee cease.
World, thou shalt not harm me
Nor thy threats alarm me
While I sing of peace.
God's great power Guards every hour;...

and mingled with my heart the notes, the words, his power his promise.....

I invite you to linger in his peace....

so when fear threatens to make bright skies gray, when you think you can't face what you know is coming, you can't overcome what you know needs overcome...for ever second of fear....Sing praise...Sing peace

confess your weakness and pray....because time and time again God shows you his  power through answered prayers.  Yes, No...and sometimes the hardest answer of all ... Wait.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment