Monday, April 15, 2013

Small wonder

In the aftermath of the day, with terror and anger and sadness struck in our hearts..to see the pain..to know that runners bystanders and there family's are forever changed.

For me running was a way to keep breathing, it was freedom, today some lost the freedom forever...and the nation cries out "why" to what end?  I complain because I was to,d I should give up running...no one took my legs out from under me. I could run if I wanted too...I'm miles away for what happened today and yet..right there with them..I've ran, my brother runs marathons..how easily he could have been there...what about a different one. How the devil is laughing at us now, as we live  in fear as some give up on mankind and any belief in a greater good. As some fight a battle of trying to understand why a loving God lets bad things happen..

Look close and you will see...the people in this world fighting for the good.."do not be afraid im The Lord God of all mankind..."  Some things you won't see the little things people will do..that the world never sees...the Brutal acts of kindness...in a world that seems to be falling to pieces..yes in these uncertain times...

Even through this, hope remains..as you see people reaching out to help to love...doctors, officers, friends, strangers...in the shelter of each other we shall live and always..always God leaves a sliver of hope...

Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you;do not be dismayed, for I am your God.I will strengthen you and help you;I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Small wonder but its a fair enough vocation to strike one match after another against the dark isolation, when spectacular arrogance rules the day and tries to force hope into hiding. I have a list of things I believe in, a birth a life and death a resurrection of my savior,  the joy of a friend finding a new faith in God, the smell of a summer rain in a quite woods, the stories a tree can tell, the calling of coyotes in the still of night, stars...and always always a hope in a future. Running so hard you forget who you are and what you have to do next...knowing in that moments from one breath to the next. You.are.alive.

And for those that was stolen for today I pray and I cry.


Some quotes used from Barbra king solvers book..small wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment