Sunday, April 14, 2013

Go back.

Tonight in church we talked about Jesus teaching and telling his disciples to meet him in galilee after he departs from them to save mankind. Now, what took these men so long to get there..they locked themselves in a room, then they tried to go back to fishing...

Now why would he want them to go back to Galiliee their old, boring home? To there old friends and their family...

They were called to go that is where they were going to start sharining everything they had learned while they were with Jesus and every thing they saw happen..they were going back to their roots alive, with a message they would not have had if they had never left an ability and a strength from Jesus himself. The great commission...go and make disciples...and they had to start in Galiliee.

I've written before of how I've felt called to my home church...I can't explain it, and sitting in church tonight it's going to be so hard to actually do it when the time comes. It's so alive there here at my church..

Yet one has to step out sometime to give back the blessing I have been given...oh, how selfish I am to want to stay in this safe thriving church with people I know and are my age...because its comfortable and I like it...

Galiliee, Milwaukee, Dowagiac....

To all the world...we are to share Jesus...

The peace I got with the message tonight..the weeks of waiting...about to come to an end one way or another..."Go back and I will meet you there"

Thank you Father. amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment