Thursday, January 31, 2013

Our hearts always hunger for more

We all do it, look at someone else's life and go...I wish I had that!

Ecclesiastes 5:10 Whoever loves money never has enough;whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with their income.This too is meaningless.

It's sinful nature but what do we have...I look at my friends with children and my heart longs for that...I look at people who seem to be able to buy anything they want...man sometimes we can't even buy food.

Ah but what do I have? What are others not showing...what do they bring before God?

Some children just hurt my heart...the things some of my three year olds know about the world...I.want.to.do.more.

I know I spend a lot of time going on about wanting children but more then that I want to be at a point in my life where I can adopt or be a foster parent...it's so nice to have a clear picture of what gods wants for me on my life..yet it's so frustrating to have to wait while he prepares me for what's next...to not know how when or why...

But like Romans 8 says...who hopes for what they already have?

Romans 8:24-25 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

And in the hoping, in the waiting, our faith is being tested :that when it is through it may be of greater worth then gold. That is an encouraging thought.

For
I.am.beleiving.God
It's that faith that keeps me smiling its that faith that like Abraham I pray is credited to me I righteousness...because by faith Abraham did all that God asked of him. Even when he had to wait over 100 years for the promise God made him to come true..

Abba father.


No comments:

Post a Comment