Saturday, July 14, 2018

Roots and Wings


Its almost been a year since I've written.. It seems whenever I take a break I always jump start with a poem.

I will never forget how blessed I really am. Or the pain in the 7 year struggle it took to reach here. I've been broke down, but there was always a hope that I often didn't know I had...and always

 Psalm 37:4

"I am reminded"

As I sit here with you
I'm reminded of the sorrow,
in the struggle
Oh, my joy is greater for it.

Here you are a Tree
grown from a River.
I'm reminded of 
shadows in the dark,
hope in the light.
A reflection somewhere
deep inside. 
What I've lost 
What I have.

A fighter will bear a fighter
you were worth all the tears
it took to hold you.
I've loved, I've lost
and beyond me
here you are.
I am reminded
Rivers run free,
Trees stand strong.

I take comfort in the revalation
I have them both
A baby that can plant roots,
one that has wings.

You will know of all the beautiful things
you will know of His endless hope.



River Munson born into heaven 8/16/16
Elowen Louise Munson born 7/8/18



No comments:

Post a Comment