Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Missing Jesus.

Lately I've been missing my Good Shepherds Family. I miss having co-workers that would not only encourage me in the day to day, but also in my walk with Jesus. Yes they all had their own set of problems because who doesn't. But we shared our crosses and we cried together and laughed together and we all went through some really really hard stuff together... and I knew that if I was dealing with something I could talk and I would almost always be pointed back to Jesus. I honestly miss nap time/ break time adult conversation to break up the day.

Sometimes I think I just feel left out, I do my own thing to the best of my ability and then I go home. No one really knows what I do and don't do, but the kids are learning and the parents are happy and God knows...that should be enough... Sometimes when it comes to gossip and complaining being left out is okay...but it also leaves me out of the loop on specific things,like who needs prayer and for what, little things I could do when someone is having a bad day. It's like I've lost my ability to reach out and try to make someone smile. I struggle to find moments to do any random acts of kindness... I've almost lost my energy. I'm goofy with my preschoolers and they love it, but I miss that co-worker to laugh with share that great moment with the kid with. I miss being able to go to another room and just be silly...I miss being comfortable enough around my co-workers to joke around. I miss people who got my sense of humor... Maybe I'm just burnt out...

I think it's because I'm not quit a daycare worker, I'm not one of them... I don't think I want to necessarily go back to being a "daycare worker Not because it's bad but just because it's just not what I want to do anymore...


I miss a lot of things, and a lot of things I don't miss...

Sometimes it would be easy to forget I work at St. Johns LUTHERAN Childcare center...and i think it's that common thread of faith I shared with my co-workers at Good Shepherds Lutheran that I miss the most. It was the common thread that made me part of that family within months...

I miss my Good Shepherds Family.

I miss community group...

I miss church...

I miss Jesus.

I need to get back to my faith walk, I need to get back to intentional thinking. Intentionally choosing NOT to complain about the problem child or not to complain at all. Intentionally choosing to use words that build up not only my soul but my co-workers in what little interaction I might have with them. I need to be reminded that I don't do this job for me, so that I might get complimented, so that the new boss will have a good opinion of me... or noticed for how good of a job I'm doing. I do this for the Lord and for the children...I'm here to serve, reflect Jesus, and teach.

I need to get back to my DAILY walk with God...and that right there will fix everything else...

because today I noticed my words were negative which means my heart is as well. That's not me, this is not who I am. I'm blessed with a job I love, a husband, a house, and so many other things...
"From the overflow of the heart, the mouth will speak"

I need your prayers readers and friends, and your encouragement, and the accountability...

thanks.






No comments:

Post a Comment