Saturday, December 28, 2013

Some things never change.

Proverbs 18:24
One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother
 
John 15:13
Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.
 
“The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.”
Bob Marley
 
“Friendship- my definition- is built on two things. Respect and trust. Both elements have to be there. And it has to be mutual. You can have respect for someone, but if you don't have trust, the friendship will crumble.”
Stieg Larsson, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
 
“You have a good friend that really cares for you and tries to stick in there with you, you treat them like nothing. Learn to be a good friend because one day you're gonna look up and say I lost a good friend. " ~Monroe~
 
Learn how to be respectful to your friends. How to reach out an don't forget now and then it wouldn't hurt to go out of your comfort zone and prove your desire to be a friend." It doesn't matter what you have been through, what you have gone through or how much you have changed. If you have never put in the effort to maintain a friendship there is very little holding a friendship together. One sided loves soon grows cold and dies...or burns hidden and deep in hurt.
 
I know I'm not the easiest person to be friends with in the world, I hate phones, I don't do bars, or large parties. But if you need me at 3 in the morning I've been there, I've gone through years of silence and still answered when life has screwed you up so bad you didn't know what else to do. I'm always up for a quite night of games, and beer, movies...
 
Yeah you've helped me when I've drank to much, honestly some of my strongest memories of you are the times you helped me while drunk...and one letter about a year ago.....and yeah that's great but shouldn't friendship be more then drunk moments of kindness? No one likes to be an afterthought.
 
Friends don't leave for a year to another country, then neglect to tell you that they are in the country again until nine days into their visit. Even that would not have happened if another friend hadn't had an after thought to tell you in a text.
 
Friends don't say oh, I'll get a hold of you and we will have lunch and then don't call...I'm sorry, they just don't.
 
 
However, it's always been like this and I'm not surprised...
surprised I'm hurt...but not surprised.
 
 
I have some pretty amazing friends, friends that give back, friends that try. I thank God for my friends, and the blessings they bring into my life! So here's to a new year,  and to seeing some friends I haven't seen in a while. Milwaukee here I come!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment