Saturday, November 9, 2013

Wait Patiently....

BE STILL AND KNOW....

wait patiently...have you any idea how many times the bible says this? Have you any idea how impatient I really am? How impatient this whole society really is? We have children who never wait for anything..and it is reflected in class even in three year olds. I often catch myself when frustrated with a child who doesn't understand that he/she has to wait thinking....why can't they wait it's not that hard...Oh but it is, it's so hard, yeah as adults we probably are not waiting for our turn with the toy camera or the blue paint. We see what we are waiting for so much more important then that...It doesn't matter if it's waiting for the right man, a new house, a move, a raise, a baby... in line at the bank, coffee shop, store. groaning and sighing in line because it's taking so so long and you don't have time for this...

It's true YOU don't have the time
It's.Gods.Time.
 ~
Everything you do, let it be done for the glory of God...so that people may see your good dead's and praise your father in heaven..

Chill.

20 times a day I tell my kiddos to chill, wait, calm down...and most days, I wish I had someone right next to me the whole time saying chill...

We are such children, we are so impatient, we are so broken.

We are so loved.We are so forgiven....
" I know that my redeemer lives" ~Job

BE STILL

We want the glory though, we want to act like we have it all together...so people thinking "boy does that woman have it all together" We want to take credit for a rise we got or a job we got...or even doing a job well...we want the credit..but it's not your's to have

Whatever you do...do it for the Glory of GOD...

We all want to be hero's, but no one want's to pay the asking price. No one want's to wait in line for anything...just breath...Oh, I'm so impatient..

Lord, help my unbelief...

I'm sorry...I'm sorry.

Lamentations 3:26
it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.

  1. Psalm 37:7
    Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.
    Psalm 37:6-8 (in Context) Psalm 37 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  2. Psalm 40:1
    Psalm 40 ] [ For the director of music. Of David. A psalm. ] I waited patiently for theLord; he turned to me and heard my cry.

    1. Romans 8:25
      But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.
      Romans 8:24-26 (in Context) Romans 8 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
    2. Hebrews 6:15
      And so after waiting patiently, Abraham received what was 
      promised.



No comments:

Post a Comment