Monday, February 25, 2013

Lent

I love the Lenten season the hymns the mood...people think its depressing but it's forgiveness every year I stand again In awe of the fact that all the things I fail at each day...just go back and and read my blog...I'm a sinner...but because of Jesus...I'm a saint...

Wow...just read through the reserection story and remember again and again...

What.he.did.for.you.

A three year old girl in my room put it the best the other day. She told me..."because Jesus died on the cross I have to be nice to my friends." How far can you take that when someone talks about you behind your back...can you look past it because Jesus did. Look at Jesus disciples his best friends...they were a mess. Even up to the time of his death they never really understood fully who Jesus was...one betrayed him another swore he didn't k ow him...Jesus died for them...

Jesus loved them....

I love lent...it's on the confession that I am reminded that God sent Jesus to make me rightious it's not my works, it's not something I have earned...it's a gift confession isn't about guilt..it's about faith....

In faith the woman who touched Jesus robe was healed..in faith Peter walked on water even for a short time...in faith you are saved.....in faith.

So i challenge you...once a day from now till Easter read the story of the path to the cross...Luke 22-24 and as you read each time slowly read and find something you missed before. Read of love as the best it can ever be...

You may be suprised by Easter Sunday about some of the things you read.

...take the time for The Lord....
and most of all pray.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment