Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Good choice or bad choice.

"We are not a people called to function according to the way we  feel. We are a people who are called to take hold of the word of God and apply it to our lives daily." ~Joyce meyer~

Okay you read it... Now read it again think about it this time...

I have been tested in this and each and every day I fall short. How many time do I say a day. I'm tierd or sick so I'm easily frusterated. When really I'm only sounding like that Whiny three year old who didn't get their way.

It's a choice you might not realize it, I won't even pretend to have it figured out. But how you feel mentally is a choice or a result of a choice.  I've always hated to use the excuse of PMS to justify my bad behavior. Pregnancy as well. Yes I'm cranky yes I'm tierd but that does not give me the right to treat people poorly.

How fast a day can be ruined by a misunderstanding when you might not even realize how you sound...oh it makes me sad to think of all the people I have hurt or upset with a thoughtless word or reaction. Give my your eyes Lord give me your heart oh lord give me your incredible compactly to love and forgive.

So I challenge you to slow down and think about your reaction or your words. I pray you stop assuming you know why so and so was rude or mean. Stop and think that maybe like you they are having a bad day. Don't be scared to reach out...don't be scared to pray. Most importantly don't be scared to admit that you are just as guilty as the person who just treated you poorly.


“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Matthew 7:1,2

Word are powerful that is why we are encouraged to pray out loud... So use them to Gods glory. Your actions are a reflection of your heart and you have the choice to act on them. Like I give my three year old choices...good choice or bad choice.

Before you react...breath, pray, then if you still have too...speak.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment