Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Beauty...

In the bible we are told that our bodies are Gods temple and we are to take care of them.  How hard is that in this world now? Every time I turn around something else is bad for you when another person says it is good for you. How do you know what to believe? Yet alone what to eat. Sure you have your whole food stores...but do you have the money for that?

Look at an advertisement...do you see any woman in them with muffin tops? What's about a flat chest or dry hair...that is what woman and girls are told is expectable...sometime that is what. we have to do if we want to find a man and if you don't look like that then shame on you...

What a hard and unforgiving message to send to teens and children...people are suprised suicid and depression is so high?  When the worlds standards  are so very unreachable for some....

But are we of the world? Or in it for sharing our savior?

Does the worlds opinions matter in the end...will being skinny with legs that go on for days...will they get you into heaven in the end?

Yes, God wants us to take care of our bodies... And also to look at ourselves as he sees us...fearfully and wonderfully made....hear that wounderfully made. Oh, a reminder I need most days...I am so guilty of looking in the mirror and being so very disappointed and so  discussed with what i look like... Compared to how I use to work...sin is so apparent in our lives I. The world and in the passage of time on our bodies....

But think about it...fearfully and wounderfully made..who am I to be disgusted with what God considers perfect and Good...

I'm working on it...mostly the mental wall of looking at what people show as beautiful and what really is...the heart..even at 26 years old I struggle with it... And I have a husband who tells me everyday I'm beautiful...what about the young girls who don't have that..what do they hear?

Maybe you can tell someone how nice they look...I. The shelter of each other we will live...

I've gotten back into yoga again...because yes I'm beautiful but i also want to feel and be healthy...that is part of being a steward of God here on earth...  We are all here given blessing after blessing for our father...why not take care of you body the temple of God the best you can?

So this is my prayer for the youth and to the adults...my you find the strength and wisdom to take care of yourself..and my you realize how much your father loves you just the way you are...my you reach out to people or may someone reach out to you and remind you of your beautiful heart...and from the inside out; who knows what great things our father in his wisdom and in his time, will bless you with.

Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment