Friday, December 28, 2012

To be on Earth is to not be Comfortable.


Lamentations 3:38-40

New International Version (NIV)

Is it not from the mouth of the Most High
that both calamities and good things come?
Why should the living complain
when punished for their sins?
Let us examine our way and test them,
and let us return to the LORD.

Think about it for a minute, how much time in one day do you spend complaining?  Do I? I challenge you to think about it all the next day, see if you can go even one day with out complaining once about anything. Being cold, a co-worker, your boss, your children, your spouse, anything. Do you think it's even possible? 

I'm not sure if I'm even going to be able to do it  myself, if I wanted to be really  honest probably not. Just like focusing on how many times you say I the stuff we do with out thinking about it, or not realizing how we sound or what we are saying. Those are the things that sometimes have the largest impact on your day, or someone else. One complaint one negative thought could make someone else go ahh I never thought of that. 

and who are we to complain when we are nothing but sinners whom God has decided to love and bless. Oh, and we are all so so guilty each one of us. I complain about being tired after work, or how naughty the children were, or how many kids are in my room, or having to answer the door bell, or do the dishes. How frustrated God must get with our whining and complaining, I know I get frustrated at the 3 year olds...maybe we don't use the same high pitched voice but it's still the same isn't it? 

Sometimes I like to go back and visit the Israelite's in the desert. I mean God had just showed his power, his glory, his anger they had just seen him part water and wash away an army. He gave them food from heaven. They the Israelite's had all of that shown to them and yet they complained and cried out in anger. And in result generations passed before they saw the promise land. Because of their unbelief and complaining, they died in exile....

What do we lose out on when we complain? What blessing is God trying to bring to us through our trials, through our discomfort. 

To be on earth is to not be comfortable: it is to serve, it is to love, it is to share...and sometimes these thing are uncomfortable..and to complain is a sin. For if we were ever to be truly comfortable here, if we were truly to have nothing to complain about....

Why.would.we.need.Jesus?






  



No comments:

Post a Comment