Sunday, March 10, 2013

My All

What parts of my life reflect God poorly...what part of yours?

Can you walk out of church and people still know you are a Christian? Does every single second of your life, every single choice, every single word; show a world lost in darkness... the light?

Do you claim to be filled with the light (good) yet live in darkness (sin)

"The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood" John 1:5

Do you even realize it?

Do I?


Can you walk out of church and keep the peace, and the grace you felt there? I mean today during a hymn I got goose bumps and almost cried... can I feel that close to God every second everyday??



Were the whole realm of nature mine, 
 that were an offering far too small; 
 love so amazing, so divine, 
 demands my soul, my life, my all. 


 We have been talking about confession in church, what it is, why we have it and what it does. Confession is not about the guilt it's about the forgiveness...Yet confession does not give us forgiveness we already have     that; with the passion of Christ. Confession is a reminder that we need the forgiveness and the only way to    receive it is to ask for it to believe that we have it. To let God continually wash us white as snow.  To            continue a close relationship with our Lord.  Confession means letting go of pride, and fear and letting God  poor his love out on you 

again and again. 

The whole time pastor spoke tonight I sat there thinking meh, I know I sin this is about people who think 
they are perfect and don't sin, and as I'm sitting there puffing up thinking how much better I am then those 
that don't believe they need the Lords forgiveness, he pulled out the idea of coming to church not because   we are perfect but because we need to be reminded, renewed, and healed,  when we bring in our burdens   and give them to the Lord, then turn and step out the door and take them with us..

Just like that...there I go..sinning and living in darkness just like them....taking my burdens with me into the     world, not trusting God enough to handle what ever I am dealing with, to basically tell God, I don't believe 
you can do it....Wow...Please Father help my unbelief.

I.am.nothing.without.God.

and love so amazing so divine, demands my soul, my life, my all.

We are so selfish, with what the Lord has blessed us with so quick to take what he gives us and yell "mine" my time, my hard work, my house, my money, my life....

and love so amazing so divine, demands my soul, my life, my ALL

Help me father live in your light, share your light and shine.

Amen.







No comments:

Post a Comment