Sunday, February 24, 2013

In faith

How the passage of time changes you...when things happen and your not joking when you mumble..I'm to old for this. 

Last night was a nightmare....well almost..like always God leaves a bit of hope...

Praise God.

Does your gut or that still small voice ever tell you not to do something...
And you do it anyway and it's like the worst night ever? When am I going to learn not to ignore it...I've lost count of how many times I've gone dancing when I just new I shouldn't...and how each and every time I completely and utterly regret it.

Time marches on... I watched a dear friend drink too much last night...I watched him almost get sick in my car...and as I'm driving and praying that I get him out of my car before he gets sick I realize I'm to old to be dealing with this, how completly and utterly pointless drinking to get drunk or even buzzed is...and how Im Okay with not. Sure I get home form work somedays and enjoy a beer with my dinner. I go to community group and have a beer while we talk about Jesus..

I've never been a huge drinker yes I've had my nights of bad judgments...or accidentally drinking to much...but not often and I can still count them on one hand... I've never actually wanted too...I can't wrap my head around that idea of going out to get drunk...

Who.am.i.to.judge

I'm no better because I know where to draw the line on my drinking...how easy is it to fall into that trap of comparing "yeah I might be bad but look at him at least I'm not him..." We talked about it in church tonight; how we all have a little of a Pharisee in us...how we all get selfrightious and how that's not how it works...let me ask you something..

Who.does tat help?

Timothy 1:15
"Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance:Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners —of whom I am the worst.But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life."

"Of whom I am the worst" that's not a comfortable thought is it? We want to be the tax collector who in faith comes to God and leaves with forgiveness...
 
In faith..

"Confession is not what justifies us (makes us right with God) the cross, Christ death and reserection...that's justification...alarming justification."

I'm not going to tell people they can't drink...I'm not going to say ill never drink again...though I think I could do it...I just don't have to deal with it anymore...and I. Going to pray that my friend realizes and finds help...

In faith father I lift up my inpatients and unbelief...at the foot of the cross I laid the, out my hopes ,y fears my doubt and I took peace. In faith father I lift up my dear friend the lost and the seeking.draw them close to you and make them ready to take the journey of leaving the world behind. May I be tool you use may my life reflect your love and this new found peace...

Thank you for the cross....

No comments:

Post a Comment