Thursday, December 27, 2012

God is in the Lesson Plans

     I spent most of my day today lesson planning for the rest of the year. Oh, how I wish I would have had more time to plan this year. I mean a 3 year old class room being dropped on you two weeks in doesn't leave much room for planning. Oh and the ideas I have for next year...I'm doing the best I can.

    So I'm working today sitting on my living room floor, in what ever yoga position feels comfortable for a few minutes.  I'm thinking of all the times I've heard people say. "no one works as much as me" "I always have to stay late.""No one works more over time then me" "It's not fair"  And as I'm sitting on my floor for near 6 hours on my day off; I think about walking away from those conversations because I don't want to play the my life is worse game...we could compare all day, and in the end not one of us would feel better. I've been there though the spot where it just doesn't seem fair. However, other then earlier hours nothing has changed I still start early and stay late now I take home newsletters, and projects, and lesson plans, and bible stories. Yet I don't get angry when I have to stay late. Because...

It's.not.about.me

What changed?

Nothing, but my heart, and I think if my heart can change over that, when that who feeling of injustice was huge. Then there is hope, as I go on through the things I feel called upon to fix inside of me. As I look back at all the things God has worked out of me already. I have hope...

    When I want a baby, and I want to get out of the city, and I want my family, and I'm tired, and I'm having a bad day. When it's not fair watching everyone else get what I want, and what I think I deserve or need. When I judge them based on how I think I have been acting.... How often do you use the word I? go back through your facebook status messages....just look...yet

It's.not.about.you...or me.  

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?



why is that? If it's not about you or me, who are we to think we can judge?

Lesson plans, God is in the lesson plans, and it's not about me, it's about the children, and I'm no hero, but all God has on this earth are our hands...and all I can do is try to serve him with them. I've needed to have that reminder as of late, that I'm hear for those kids, to do the Lords work and nothing I do is because of me but because of HIM. why is that lesson so hard to learn, when a kid has no problem believing that God saved 3 men from a furnace  helped a boy kill a giant, and the one I love the most gave barren ladies a baby. How many years did those woman pray for that child? I've been praying for just over one? sister I may have a long way to go. But

It's.not.about.me...

One day at a time, I set out with my feet on the ground my eyes on the Lord, and his words in my heart. I love because he loves, I serve because I can not because I have too. This is how I can do more at least for now.

what about you?



 




No comments:

Post a Comment